January 11, 2014

Jesse: Week Six, Day Four

WEEK SIX
Tattoo: Skull and Roses on left forearm
DAY FOUR
Hot-headed:

Ace was totally grounded. When Jesse got the call that Ace had egged the Langerak's house, he'd been livid. Jesse had grounded him for 2 days – straight to school and back. 

He'd chain the kid to his bed if he needed to, Jesse thought.  Christ, what had the kid been thinking? Stuff like that would get him in trouble with the law real quick and if there's something Jesse didn't need – it was attention from the law! He'd never been more mad at the kid in his life!

And he'd thought things were going go well with the kid!

***

He mulled over whether he should try to get Holly back or whether he should wait. She wouldn't like moving in when Ace was acting like a spoiled teen.  But, that's how he lost Anne.  He'd tried to wait for the 'perfect' time.  Hell, there was no perfect time!  Life was messy!

Decision made, Jesse ran to the store to grab something special for Holly, freshened himself up and then called her over.

Holly came over and he felt something was off about her, but he couldn't put his finger on it. At least she was smiling at him today.

“I'm sorry I was such a jerk at the museum," Jesse said.  "I guess I was scared of getting hurt."


"I'm sorry I got so mad at you.  I guess we can honestly say that you don't like art," she joked.

“So you're not mad at me?” Jesse asked hopefully.

“No!” Holly said, shaking her head. “If you think that I can't handle a little temper tantrum, you are sorely mistaken."

“Great, then you're in the right mood to accept these,” Jesse said, pulling out a dozen white roses.

“Oh Jesse, they're beautiful!” Holly said with tears in her eyes. 

But Jesse wasn't done. He got down on one knee and continued, “And this...”

“Is that... are you...” Tears were streaming down Holly's face.

Will you marry me, Holly?" he asked nervously, "I've been crazy about you since I first met you."

“No you didn't,” Holly argued. “You hated me because I was rich!”

“I didn't hate you!" Jesse said.  "I guess I was threatened by you – you were so pretty & kind... Remember when I confronted you outside and attempted to intimidate you into quitting?” Jesse asked.

Holly laughed. “You underestimated me..”

Jesse joined in, laughing ruefully.  “I came a hair's breath from kissing you senseless! You have a way of making me completely forget about everyone else in the world."

“Oh, Jesse!” Holly said “I didn't know you felt that way!”

“Neither did I!” he admitted. “I'm sorry it took me so long to realize it.”

Holly wrapped her arms around his neck. “The important thing is that you realize it now!" She headed to the stairs, arching her eyebrow.  "Let's take this upstairs.."

Jesse raced after her.

***

Afterwards, as they were getting dressed, Jesse stopped and looked at Holly. “You know, I don't intend for this to be a long engagement, right? I want to start my life with you right away.”

Holly smiled. “I don't want it to be long, either."

Jesse didn't even hesitate. “Then let's get married tomorrow.  We'll throw a big party and invite everyone.”

“Here?” Holly asked with surprise, the first sign of her snobbishness shining through.

Jesse smiled at the horror in her voice. “You do know you're going to live here, right?”

Holly smiled wanly. “Well, we can fix it up, can't we?”

“Yeah, but that'll take time and money.  And I'm not waiting until the place is a mansion to marry you!"

Holly thought a moment. “You know, I always thought a beach wedding would be romantic,” she said cautiously.

“I love it!" Jesse said.  "We'll sit down tomorrow morning and plan the wedding and the remodeling. But, remember, I don't have loads to blow on it.”

Holly smiled secretly. He might not have loads to spend on it, but she certainly did.

***

That night, before work, just as Jesse was about to run out of the house, he glanced at his watch.

“Dammit. Ace isn't home yet.  I told him he was grounded. When he gets home, tell him to call me. I have a few words for him.”

Holly nodded uncertainly.  She certainly didn't want to start out her relationship with Ace by scolding him.  But, she guessed that if his actions warranted it...

Sighing, she went in the kitchen to clean that messy kitchen!

Ace finally came home, and Holly was there waiting for him. "What are you doing here? Is Dad home?” he asked. Why was his Dad's girlfriend hanging around the house alone?

Holly shook her head. “No, he asked me to have you call him when you got home.”

“What? So you're like my babysitter, now?” Ace sneered.

Holly arched her eyebrow and replied, “No, I'm not your babysitter. Your father asked me to stay."  Then she launched into a lecture about missing his curfew and disappointing his father.

Ace rolled his eyes. He was too tired to deal with this crap right now.   He'd stayed late to talk to his music teacher at school and then gone over to the business center for a introduction to business class.  It's not like he was out joy-riding or anything!

Turning his back on Holly, he headed off to bed.

3 comments:

  1. Ace really did break curfew because of school-related opportunities! And I wish I had caught a picture of Holly scolding him for not coming straight home while grounded. Poor Ace. I'm sure he was confused. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh-oh! Torn between the kid and the wife--I'm sure it's not going to be the last time! Poor Jesse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok first. Yayyy Jesse finally is getting married! About durn time, he needs a nice steady relationship for all the hurt he went through. Now...dun dun dun Ace and Holly, I hope they get along but it won't be long before Ace will be an adult.

    ReplyDelete