January 8, 2014

Jesse: Week One, Day Seven

WEEK ONE
Tattoo:  Heart on Left Bicep
DAY SEVEN
Hot-headed:  Jesse confronted Zelda Mae regarding rumors that she was a flirt.

Jesse woke up feeling exhausted and hungover the next morning. Why'd he let Xander talk him into drinking himself under the table?

Oh yeah, that was right. Zelda was a big Flirt.  She must've gotten a big laugh over how hard he'd worked to impress her!  He'd played right into her stinking hands, telling her how much he liked her and how beautiful she was!  The longer he stewed about it at work, the more upset he became.

How could he not have seen? Well, he sure as hell wouldn't make that mistake again! (Got Observant Trait)

“What are you moping about?” Red asked him, smacking him upside the head.

“Nothing,” Jesse grumbled, reaching back to rub his head.

“Is it that little blonde-girl you've been seeing?” she asked, then laughed at Jesse's incredolous expression. “Don't be shocked! I know everything!”

Jesse just shrugged. He didn't want to talk about it with Red.

“Well, put your sulk to good use and stay late,  I need you to help Ayesha catalogue the loot.”

Jesse sighed as he plopped down next to Ayesha and began counting out the cash.

Ayesha elbowed him and grinned. “Come on, don't look so sad. I might take it personally,” she joked.

Jesse just wanted to get off work so he could go over and confront Zelda.  He had some things he wanted to say to her!

Finally, after having to recount his stack for the third time, Ayesha shooed him away.  “Go on, you're messing everything up. Go whine at your golden girl.”

Jesse scurried away before she changed her mind.

When he got to Zelda's place, he spitefully grabbed the exterior lights before ringing the doorbell.  That would show them! he thought.

Ilianna answered the door. “Oh, it's you.”

“Yeah, it's me. Is Zelda home?"

Ilianna paused too long and Jesse pushed his way through. “I'll wait for her here.” he said as he braced his feet apart in the living room.

Ilianna stuck her nose up in the air. “I'll go see if she's available.”

Jesse waited for what felt like forever and then suddenly Zelda was in front of him.  "Ilianna woke me up," she complained.  "What do you want?"
“Is it true?” he accused. “Was it nothing but a game to you?"

Zelda rolled her eyes. “What are you talking about?” she demanded.

“Were you just stringing me along? Playing me for a fool? Man, Zelda! I was crazy for you!” Jesse ranted, picking up steam.

Zelda did not look impressed.  “I repeat, What. Are. You. Talking. About.” Zelda snapped.

“Oh nothing, I just heard that you flirt with all the guys and that I'm nothing special to you. And being the new guy in town, I didn't know.  So... Is it true?” he was seriously getting angry.  Especially when Zelda just blinked at him blankly.  “Well... IS IT?” he yelled.

“I guess you'll never know, will you?” Zelda said primly, glaring at him. “That's for me to know and you NOT to!”

That's your answer? Geez, talk to me!” Jesse argued.  "Don't I at least deserve the truth?"

“I have nothing to say to you. Talk to you later, alligator!” Zelda said in a sing-song voice. “And don't let the door hit you on the way out!”

Jesse felt like punching his fist through the wall. “God! You're so childish! What did I ever SEE in you?”

He stalked from the house, slamming the door and ran home in the rain.

1 comment: