February 1, 2014

Ace: Week Twelve, Day Two

WEEK TWELVE
DAY TWO
Awesome-ness:  Ace hatched an awesome plan for getting Tracy back!

 "Dad?" Chase asked, "What are you doing up so early?" 

"We need to talk..." Ace began without preamble.

***

The sun hadn't fully risen yet when Ace rang Tracy's doorbell.
The moment she walked out, he grabbed her hands.  "Tracy, I'm so sorry that I made you feel second-best. It's like I was trying to prove to myself that I could do something truly awesome before the boys grew up!  And in the chaos, I lost sight of the most important thing - you!"
Tracy launched herself into his arms.  "I was so worried that you didn't love me anymore!"
"Not love you anymore? That's impossible! You've been there for me through all the hard times. You're beautiful, sexy, and I love you!"
"Even with a few wrinkles and grey hair?" she asked self-consciously.  "Wouldn't it be bad for your Rock Star image if you have..."
Ace cut her off by pulling her into his arms and kissing her senseless.  "I. Love. You! To hell with the rest of it!"
"Now listen... I was thinking... "Ace began nervously, worried that Tracy would hate the idea passionately.

***

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" Tracy asked nervously as she got into his car.

Ace reached across the seat and grabbed her hand.  "Stop worrying. This is an awesome idea!"

***

"You did all this for me?" Tracy asked with awe as she glanced around the park. Spotting Chase and Devon in their formal suits, she clutched her chest. "Oh! They're so handsome!" she murmured.

Ace held his hands out to the side. "What can I say?" he announced, "All my favorite memories have been here at this park!"  He glanced around at the wedding decorations.  "You don't think I overdid it, do you?"

Tracy wiped a tear from her eye.  "No! It's perfect Ace! Thank you!"
And under that wedding arch, Ace and Tracy said their vows in front of all their family and friends.
Chase and Devon looked on with smiles as their Dad finally made it official with Tracy.
After cake came the celebration.  Ace grabbed his guitar and jammed a few tunes as Chase joined in. 
Grinning, he watched as his wife danced in the moonlight.  Mine, he thought happily as he headed over and kissed her passionately. 

"I think it's time we head home," he said suggestively.

Tracy grinned and reached for his hand.  "I can't wait!"

***

Chase had just walked in when he saw his Dad and new step-mom getting frisky in the kitchen.
Quickly he averted his gaze and squeezed his eyes shut.  "Daaaad!" he complained.

Ace and Tracy giggled as they hurried up the stairs.
"Do you think Chase is traumatized for life?" Tracy asked as Ace pulled her into his arms.

"He'll get over it," Ace mumbled, focusing on kissing every inch of his wife's neck.

4 comments:

  1. Awwww yayyy finally married. Smooth Ace....real smooth ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job, Ace! I was worried for you, but you pulled through. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, Ace saved it! Tracy is sweet and the wedding was certainly awesome :) How did you get all the guests to sit down like that?! Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tracy was sweet! I was really surprised when she aged up unexpectedly on me! But, Ace loved her anyways!

      I think the trick to weddings is to make sure the chairs are close enough. I remember fighting with it, though!

      Delete