February 6, 2014

Chase: Week Thirteen, Day One

Neurotic Obsession: Chase comes to the realization that he is head over heels in love with pushy, bossy, beautiful Yvonne!

Chase had woken up early and left a sleeping Yvonne in his bed.  He quietly padded downstairs and solemnly flipped through the newspaper in a morning ritual he'd recently adopted.  

Out of the corner of his eyes, he saw a pair of smooth, sexy legs descending the stairs and grinned.
"I woke up and I was all alone in your big, old bed, sugar!" Yvonne drawled.  "You should've woken me up!"
Ace walked over to Yvonne and pulled her into his embrace.  "Did you sleep well?" he asked, gazing deeply into her eyes.  As he gazed in her eyes, it hit him.  He loved her! Everything about her! Her practical, somewhat snobbish personality, her sexy drawl, and those legs! Everything!
Yvonne grinned. "I slept like a baby thanks to all our loving last night!" she purred.  "Why don't we go on back up to bed..."
"Wait!" Chase said, stopping her from heading to the stairs.  He paused a second to try to gather his thoughts.  He didn't want to sound like a bumbling, inexperienced fool - even if that's what he was! He cleared his throat as Yvonne started tapping her foot impatiently.  "Look, I know this is unorthodox," he said, swallowing hard.  "But..."
He dropped to one knee and pulled out his Grandma Holly's wedding ring his father had given him for safe-keeping.  "I'm madly in love with you Yvonne.  I know you might just consider me some fling, but I want more - I want to marry you!"

Yvonne gasped and raised her hands to her mouth, "Chase! Get up! What are you doing?" she demanded, slapping at his shoulder, trying to pull him up.  "We can't marry!"

"Why not?" Chase demanded.  "I've known you for years! You're tough, blunt, and pushy.  But, underneath it all, you have a heart of gold!"

"Sugar, I'm years older than you!" she protested.

"So?" Chase shrugged, dismissing the differences in their age.  "There's no law that says we have to be the same age!"

"But..." Yvonne mentally tried to regroup.  Not in her wildest imaginings had she pictured things getting this serious between her and Chase.  But everything about him had taken her off-guard! "I..."
Chase chuckled under his breath.  "I like seeing you this flustered!" he announced as he slipped the ring on her finger and pulled  her into his arms."Just say yes. You know you want to."

Yvonne laughed a little giddily.  "Yes!" she cried out.  "Alright, yes!"

Chase spun her around in a small circle and showered her face with kisses. 
She glanced down at the flawless ring he'd slipped on her finger.  "Your grandmother had expensive taste," she said approvingly. 

Chase smiled.  He thought she'd like the ring.  "So, I guess we should announce the wedding," he said, unsure of the next step.

Yvonne patted his cheek.  "Don't worry, sugar.  I'll take care of everything!"

 ***

 "Yvonne!" Chase called up the stairs.  "Are you ready?" he yelled nervously. 
"Almost done!" Yvonne called down.  Perfection cannot be rushed, she thought with a grin to herself.
The wait had been worth it, Chase thought when Yvonne finally made it downstairs.  His heart thudded in his chest.   "You look beautiful, Yvonne," he said, reaching out to stroke her hair. 

"Wait! No! It took me hours to get this hair-do right, sugar!" she said hastily.

Chase pulled his hand back and grinned.  "Of course not.  Well then, are you ready to go?" he asked, leaning forward to kiss her stopped short when she held her hand up.

"Don't smudge the make-up, sugar!" she said purred as she fixed the lapels of his jacket.  "There will time for that after the ceremony!"
Chase sighed as they got in Yvonne's car.  It was going to be a long day if he could touch or kiss his beloved soon-to-be-bride!
 ***

Yvonne sipped a fruity drink as she chatted with the bartender at the Lone Wolff Lounge.  The Lounge was covering all drink expenses since they'd chosen their location for their nuptials.  There was nothing quite like brokering a deal that pumped Yvonne's blood!
 When Chase appeared behind her, she smiled.  "Hello, sugar! Have a drink! They're on the house!"
Chase frowned.  "No, thank you.  I don't drink," he said.  He remembered what happened the last time he had a drink!

Yvonne sipped at her drink and playfully slapped his shoulder.  "Sugar, you don't know what you're missing.  Best drinks in town!  She winked playfully at the bartender who chuckled as he cleaned the glasses.

Chase cleared his throat.  "Well, are you ready? I thought we might go upstairs to prepare."

"Go on up, I'll be right there," Yvonne said as she sipped from her drink again, savoring the bubbly concoction.

 ***

When he got upstairs, Chase stopped up short.  "Dad?!" he said with amazement.  "You're here? What about the tour?"
Ace pulled Chase in for a hug.  "I told you I was only a short phone call away!" he teased.  "And I wouldn't miss my son's wedding for anything!"

Lowering his voice, he asked, "Are you sure about this, Chase? Yvonne can be... forceful.  Truthfully, she scares me sometimes!" Although Ace was joking lightly, the concern was still there.  He wanted to make sure his boy was going to be happy.

Chase smiled.  "I know.  But, I'm discovering that I'm not the pushover that I thought I was."

Ace smiled widely then.  "Well, alright! Sounds like my boy's getting married! What an awesome day!"

 ***

 As Yvonne headed upstairs, she bumped into Felix and smiled. 

Felix grinned at Yvonne.  "Wow, you really went for it, didn't you?" he said with admiration.  "You must be some sort of sweet-talker to land contracts with Ace and Devon, then turn around and marry into the family!"
"Well, what can I say? I just have a way with words, I guess!"

Felix chuckled.  "Not sure you pulled off a wedding with just words!" He patted Yvonne on the shoulder.  "But, hey! You do what you gotta do to get the contracts coming in! Get it done, right?"

Yvonne paled slightly at the insinuation.  Is that what people thought, she wondered.  That she had married into Chase's family after arranging their money and prestige?  Because that was the only reason a young man like Chase would want to marry an older woman like herself?

She excused herself from the conversation, feeling sick to her stomach.  Hurriedly she ran to the bathroom and upheaved all the sweet, sticky alcohol and the light lunch she'd had earlier in the day. 

Patting her face with water, Yvonne worked to get herself under control.  She looked in the mirror and firmly told herself to pull it together and took a few deep calming breaths.  Who cared why other people thought they were marrying.  She knew she hadn't landed the contracts with Ace or Devon because she'd slept with them and since she hadn't signed Chase up yet, she technically hadn't slept with him to get a contract, either!

When Tracy peeked her head in the ladies room to check on Yvonne, Yvonne was ready to go.  Nobody was going to ruin her day!

 ***

Chase smiled when he saw Tracy come and take her seat and give him a thumbs up.  He'd been getting nervous! 
But the wedding was beautiful and he was all smiles as he slipped the ring on her finger.  She was now Mrs. Yvonne Black.
Chase glanced over at his family cheering and throwing confetti in the air. 

***

As the night wore on, the drinks flowed freely.  It seemed only natural when Ace took the stage with his two boys, playing a few of Ace's old songs.  It was a moment that Chase wanted to remember forever!

 ***

Chase waited patiently in the bed while Yvonne fiddled in the bathroom.  He wasn't sure why she was taking so long! 
Just as he was about to get up to find out what she was doing in there, she walked in. And he was suddenly glad he wasn't standing because he wasn't sure he would've been able to remain standing.  
"Oh God, come here!" Chase said, pulling her next to him when she was close enough. "You are so beautiful, Yvonne!"

Yvonne grinned seductively and wrapped her arms around his neck.  "You have permission to smudge my make-up now," she said as she nibbled his ear.

Chase groaned in anticipation.
When they finally fell asleep several hours later, it was safe to say that her make-up and hair had been thoroughly tussled!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness he really married her! Im floored! And im willing to bet she's already pregnant too.

    When she was talking to Felix at the wedding and saw Devon walking in behind them I did and audible gasps because I just *knew* he overheard their conversation but I guess I was wrong.

    Man oh man whats to come of this..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Geez all kinds of typos..i hope you get what I was trying to say. Btw I had been on such a roll on reading the chapters I missed I didnt even realized I was all caught up here lol.

      Delete
    2. I picture Chase as that intense, socially-awkward guy that falls deeply in love with the first girl that gives him bread crumbs. :)

      I think Devon just saw Yvonne having a conversation with her boss, but didn't actually over-hear anything.

      Hehe! Glad the story grabbed you! Just wait until my next updates! *laughs manically*

      Delete
    3. Oh my! Yvonne is a Black now ... *crosses her fingers for the future kids!*

      Delete