May 29, 2014

Chase: Week Seventeen, Day Five

Neurotic Obsession:  Greyson has a big day!

Greyson eagerly hopped out of the shower & hurried to get ready.  Today was a big day!
"This is so lame!" Farrah huffed as she plopped down on the couch.  "Do I have to go?"
Chase glanced at Farrah sharply at Farrah.  "That's enough, Farrah. You're going."
"I'm ready!" Greyson called out as he ran into the room. 
"I'm so proud of you, Greyson," Chase said as he gave his son a hug.
Chase was so proud.  Greyson had been working so hard at his after-school scout program.  And now it was time for his Badging Ceremony. 

***

"I thought we might celebrate by going to the Summer Festival. How does that sound to you, Greyson?" Chase asked.

"Aright!" Greyson cheered.

Farrah grunted and rolled her eyes, "Lame."
Chase led his family to the park and smiled when he saw Sandra and her kids.  "Kids, there's someone I've been wanting you to meet.  This is Sandra Goth and her two kids, Alex and Izzie."
"Nice to meet you," Eva said as she shook her hand. 
"Why do you have so many tattoos?" Farrah asked snidely.  "They're so tacky!"

"Farrah! Behave!" Chase admonished her. 

"Come on, Farrah. Let's go check out the roller-skating rink," Eva said, dragging her rude sister away.
"Well that went well," Sandra quipped.

"Yeah, well, Farrah's difficult on a good day. Don't let her get to you.  It looks like the kids are getting along," he said, nodding towards the youngest kids.
"Wanna go play?" Greyson asked Alex.

"Hey! Don't leave me out!" Izzie complained. 
The three kids took off running.
"Water balloon fight!"

***

Eva sighed as she sat down on the bench.  Farrah had stormed off to the fountain area without her, telling her to leave her alone.
"Hey, Eva.  How's it going?" Arturo asked, surprising her.  "Can I sit?"
"Oh, so you're talking to me now?" Eva asked. 

Arturo sighed. "I'm sorry. I was being a jerk."

Eva grunted, "I don't even know why you were mad at me!" she exclaimed. 

Arturo shrugged.  "I guess I thought things were going well with just the three of us, and then Nick started coming.  I guess I'm just stupid."
"I'm just glad we're still friends!" she breathed, giving him a hug. 

***

Farrah covered her ears and waited for the rocket to launch.  She'd finally found something cool to do!
Chase and Sandra were setting off fireworks of their own...
"So, it doesn't feel that bad being my girlfriend, does it?" Chase asked, holding Sandra's hand.

Sandra rolled her eyes. "No."

"Are you sure? The world hasn't stopped?" he teased.

"Don't push your luck, buddy," she said, pushing at his chest.

Chase grinned and pulled her back into his arms.  "Well, I love being your boyfriend.  Now we don't have to sneak around anymore."
All too soon, it was time to go.

***

Farrah stomped up the stairs.  Being stuck at the stupid park all day with her stupid family was horrible! She wasn't even allowed to see Jason!
She headed straight to the back porch and pulled out a cigarette.  Ah, much better...  She flipped her cell phone open when it started ringing.
Michelle was on the other line talking a mile a minute.  "WHAT?! He did WHAT?!" she screeched angrily.

1 comment:

  1. So your awesome friends aren't quite so awesome behind your back, huh?

    ReplyDelete