May 24, 2014

Chase: Week Sixteen, Day Four

Neurotic Obsession:  Chase tells Yvonne to tell Felix that family comes first...

Yvonne crept inside.
 Slowly, she made her way through the darkened house.
 Oh thank God, he's sleeping, she thought as she tip-toed into their bedroom.  She wasn't sure she could face him right now.
Not after what she'd done, she thought guiltily.
 Yvonne laid down to sleep, but as she closed her eyes, she just relived the night with Felix...

 ***

Yvonne swallowed when Felix opened the door.  He looked so calm and collected standing there in front of her.  And she felt so out of control and emotional.  "I've been driving around aimlessly... thinking about what you said...  Can we talk?" Yvonne asked hesitantly.  She hadn't intended on coming here, but she just couldn't seem to help herself.  No good can come of this...

Felix stepped back and let her in.  He seemed more guarded now.  "I think we've said all that we should..."
Yvonne didn't even let him finish his sentence, she just threw herself into his arms, kissing him like a madwoman.  She hadn't felt passion like this for years
She should feel ashamed by how quickly they fell into bed together, but she just couldn't.  Not when it had felt so right.. so good...
 But afterwards... Yvonne had slipped from the bed, unsure of how to proceed. 

"Stay," Felix begged. "Just a little longer."

"I can't," Yvonne said.  "I have to go home."

Felix scoffed.  "Right. Back to your husband."

Yvonne squeezed her eyes shut and left without another word.  Because really, what else was there to say?

***

Nobody spoke at breakfast time.  Dad said mother had come home late and that everything was fine.  But it didn't feel fine.  She glanced up and saw Yvonne standing at the foot of the stairs.
 "Mama!" Farrah called out, rushing into her mother's arms for a hug.  "I thought you were never coming home!"

"Careful with the suit, sugar," Yvonne said as she pulled Farrah's hands away from her power suit.  "You wouldn't want to get me messy before work, would you?"
Eva felt her stomach pitch to the floor.  She definitely wasn't going to be able to eat a bite. 

Chase got up to kiss Yvonne's cheek.  "What happened last night? The girls said that you were really upset.  Do you want to talk about it?"
"I don't have time for this right now. I have to get to work!" Yvonne said quickly, putting her hands up.  "Let's... just talk about it later."  Yvonne hurried from the house.
"Umm... Dad?" Eva asked.  Chase turned around.  "I just wanted to remind you that tonight's prom.  It's still okay if I go, right?"

"Of course! And I want you to have fun!" Chase paused.  "Who were you going with again?"

Eva laughed.  "Arturo and I are going.. as friends," she stressed.  "Just friends!"



***

"Is there something I can do for you?" she asked cooly as she entered Felix's office.  Get it together, she told herself.  She'd been on pins and needles all day, waiting for him to acknowledge her.  And right before closing, he had the gall to request her presence.  She was so angry with him.  And with her...

Felix stood up with a smile as she walked in and came closer.
"Come here!" he said in a rush as he pulled her into his arms.  "I've been thinking about doing this all day! I don't think I got any work done!"

 Yvonne closed her eyes and leaned into his solid body.  "Oh God, we shouldn't be doing this," she said as she wrapped her arms around him and pressed herself closer.  "This is so wrong..."
Felix staggered back and leaned on the desk, pulling her against him. 
Felix pulled away, catching her face in his hands.  Fully serious now, "I don't want to break up a happy home," he told her, meeting her eyes.  "Am I?" He paused.  "Breaking up a happy home?"   Felix held his breath as he waited for her to answer.  He wasn't sure how he'd do it, but he'd walk away if that's what she wanted...

Yvonne  considered it.  She hadn't been happy for a long time. 
But here.. with Felix... she was happy... 

She wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him deeply, pressing against him until they both staggered back against his desk.  Lifting her lips from his for a moment, she grinned cheekily and asked, "Does that answer your question?"

 ***

Eva arranged to meet Arturo at the prom.  Since they were just going as friends, she told him that she didn't want to make a big deal about it.  He'd reluctantly canceled the limo service...

 ***

"Chase? It's me," Yvonne said when her husband picked up the phone.  "Yeah, I'm going to be home late.  Brainstorming dinner..." she offered as an excuse.  "Oh, no, I didn't realize. Prom?! Uh huh. Yeah, well, I have to go. See you tonight!" she said quickly, hanging up her cell. 

Then she turned to Felix and sat across from him.  "Sorry about that.  I'm ready for that romantic dinner you promised me..."

***

Eva couldn't help smiling as she walked out of the school dance with Arturo by her side.  "What a great night!" she sighed.

Arturo stopped suddenly and turned towards her.  "Yeah, I had a lot of fun. Thanks for coming with me!" he said.  He hesitated a moment and glanced behind her.
Eva followed Arturo's gaze and saw Nathaniel Wolff standing behind her.

Oh!
Arturo stepped back awkwardly as Nathaniel approached.  "Hey, I just wanted to tell you I thought you looked real pretty tonight," he said. "You know, with your hair down and everything."
Eva smiled, flustered.  "Oh, thanks!" she said, reaching up to twist her loose hair in her fingers.  "It feels weird having it down.  It's so thick..."  Awkwardly she trailed off.  Nathaniel didn't want to hear about her hair! Stupid
"Well, I should probably get going anyways!" she announced in a hurry.  She turned to Arturo and gave him a hug.  "Thanks for tonight.  I'll see you tomorrow!" she promised.   Stepping back, she saw Nathaniel watching her and gave him an awkward half-wave goodbye before turning to hurry away.
 Stupid, stupid, stupid! she thought. 

***

Yvonne came home and found Chase waiting for her in the livingroom, pacing. 

"You missed Eva's prom, Yvonne!" he said without preamble.  "You need to tell Felix that family comes first on nights like this!"
 Yvonne felt a wall of guilt slam into her.  If only Chase knew the half of it...
"I, of course," she said thickly, swallowing heavily, "I'll tell him."  
She was saved from having to say anything else when Eva came in, looking beautiful in her formal gown and her hair down.  Another wave of guilt hit her.  What kind of mother was she? She should've been with her little girl on her prom night, helping her do her hair...

But instead she'd been off with her lover...
As Eva regaled her dad with stories from the prom, Yvonne quietly excused herself.  It hurt too much to straddle two lives...

4 comments:

  1. Yes Yvonne feel guilty!!
    ♥♥ Aww Eva has two boys gushing over her, how sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe.. Yvonne feels guilty, but not enough to change anything!

      And I know! Eva's got it going on. :) Lol. I liked how Arturo was looking at Nathaniel looking at Eva. Artie's thinking, "Crap, I don't stand a chance!"

      Delete
  2. Ahhhhhh! So THIS is what you use my poses for?! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ruh oh! You caught me using your poses for evil! Lol! If it makes you feel better, I absolutely love your poses! You're so talented!

      Delete