July 11, 2014

Eva: Week Twenty-One, Day Three

Perfectionist To-Do List: Attend Toddler Story-time at Library, Bake Cake, Wrap Present

Eli headed down to the local library for toddler story-time.  With two kids, it was definitely a handful!  She smiled and waved when she saw a few of her mom-friends.
She grabbed a book and sat down next to Haley as they looked through the book together.  Little Ian didn't care to sit still for any length of time and had crawled off practically the moment she put him down.  That was how it went these days!  Haley walked one way & Ian crawled the other!
"Story-time!" the volunteer called out cheerfully, holding up a book.  "Today we're going to read about a little frog and all the new friends he meets!"
The children, young and old, hurried over and sat facing the girl as she began reading.

 ***

Meanwhile...
"Hey cool! So you got a part in the movie?!" Mick asked, slicking his hair back.  

Nathaniel crossed his arms. "Whether I want it or not!"  The contract that Felix had given him had locked him into 3-movie deals, of the studio's desire.  If he chose to renege, then he was subject to a $10,000 fine.  Since he didn't have that kind of cash lying around... he was just going to have to get through these three contracts.  He tried looking on the bright side, at least it would put them in a better financial position...
"Yeah right! Like you don't want to be leading man!" Mick laughed, thinking that Nathaniel had to be kidding. "Who'd you have to f@#&?"

Nathaniel opened his mouth to trash talk Farrah, but stopped because the director and the leading lady had just walked in.
"Alright guys, thanks for coming to this pow-wow.  I'm Kiki Towers, the director.  I assume everyone is up to speed."

Everyone nodded. 

"Great, any questions?" she asked.

Nathaniel shook his head.  It was an action-adventure flick that focused heavily on fight scenes and, car chases and explosions. 

"Great! Well, first reading will be a week from now. Be sure to have your lines memorized. I'll be pissed if you delay my movie!"  Dismissed, the actors started to get up to leave.
 "Mick, can I see you a moment, please?" Kiki asked.

"Yeah! Sure thing!" Mick replied eagerly.

Kiki waited until Belinda and Nathaniel had left the room. 
 "God, I though they'd never leave!" she said as she threw herself into his arms.

 ***

 "Come on, it's not that bad?" Eva said as she made the drinks.  "Just think, my husband, a heart throb!"

Nathaniel didn't really want to laugh about it.  "It's not funny, Eva," he said sourly.  "Look, I don't want to talk about it."
Eva sighed as she poured the drinks.  "I know, I'm sorry Nathaniel.  Let's just have a good time tonight, okay?"  Today was Haley's birthday and they'd invited their families over to celebrate.

Right on cue, the doorbell rang.
 "Daddy!" Eva smiled when Chase knocked on the door.  "I'm glad you guys could make it! We were just setting up!"  He was followed in by her stepmom, Sandra, her brother Greyson and his very pregnant wife, Izzie.
"You look ready!" Eva said with a smile when she saw Izzie's rounded belly.

Izzie clutched her stomach. "Being labor in the summer sucks!" she said grumpily.  "Seriously! I am never having sex in the fall again!"
Eva called everyone over for the cake.  "Happy birthday to you..." everyone started singing in unison.
Haley leaned over and blew as hard as she could, spraying part of the cake with spittle.  "I did it!" she said excitedly, clapping her hands when she managed to blow out all five candles.

"Yes you did! And that piece is going to be yours!" Eva teased, poking her daughter on the nose.
 Eva eagerly reached for her piece of cake.  It looked delicious!
Nathaniel pulled out the video recorder, "Happy birthday, Haley," he said as he zoomed in.
Haley looked up, mortified to be caught with her face practically buried in the slice of cake.  "DAD!" she shouted, mortified.

The adults laughed as Haley tried to wipe the frosting off her face as she glared at her Dad.

 ***

 "So do I get my very own bed?" Haley asked after most of the guests had left.

"Not only that, you get your very own room!" Nathaniel told his daughter.  "I'll get it set up for you."

"Alright!" Haley cheered excitedly.  "I can't wait to put my new doll in the room!"
 Nathaniel headed up to the attic...
...and looked around the space.  The room was packed with stuff that generations had put aside.  He started gathering up the pieces to the twin bed when his attention was grabbed by something in the corner.

Oh cool! he thought excitedly, a treadmill!  He was going to have to find somewhere to set that up!

6 comments:

  1. Phew! I did it! Haley grew up "perfect'! I was worried I wasn't going to get all those toddler books read in time! The "story-time" at the library really helped! And I loved having all the toddlers crawling around in there for story-time. There were two girl twins belonging to Nick Langerak & his wife; then we saw Veronica & Johnny; and the other little boy (in really girl clothes) is Ken, son of Cece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The toddler and teen stages were hardest for me when I had the perfect children roll. So congrats! That must have been extra difficult when you had two toddlers there. I also enjoyed seeing the toddler story time. :)

      Delete
  2. I have perfect children for my 2nd generation too = not looking forward to that. But luckily I only have 2 children requirement like you. Funny how Mick is screwing around with the Director :P Aww Haley. They are growing up so fast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's hilarious that you got perfect children right after dead-beat parents! Lol! Man! I can't imagine doing perfect children for a house full!

      Delete
  3. Awww, that toddler reading time was so cute! <3 I love taking the toddlers to the library to read the toddler books, it's much quicker that way!! Congrats on getting Haley perfectly aged up! =D

    Great birthday party, it was nice to see Chase again. I usually forget all about the birthdays until the game forces them, lol

    Haley is a cutie! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to have to remember the library trick! I couldn't believe how quick Haley got through those toddler books!

      I typically forget until they age up, too. For the perfect children, I'm trying to actually have their parents remember their birthdays, though!

      Delete