January 31, 2015

Eva: Week Twenty-Two, Day Three

Perfectionist To-Do List: School Starts! Check the kids lunches and school supplies!

"I can't believe we're starting high school today!" Rachel gushed as they hurried towards school.  "I hope we have some classes together!"

Haley glanced over at her best friend.  "Don't even suggest it! I don't know what I would do without you in my classes!"

"At least we'll have dance after school still!"
Haley made a face. "Don't remind me!" she said darkly.  "I keep trying to think of a way to tell mom that I don't want to do dance anymore! She thinks I'm her little ballerina!"

Rachel raised her elegant eyebrow. "She has seen a real ballerina before, right?" she asked sarcastically.

Haley elbowed her wise-cracking friend. "Seriously Rachel! I hate it!"
The two girls stopped up short as the imposing school building.  "Here goes nothing," Haley mumbled.
 ***

Eva stared in shock as her son walked to the table with a bowl of cereal.  She glanced at her watch and her mouth dropped open. "Ian! You still haven't had breakfast?! You missed the bus?!"

Nathaniel frowned.  "You better have a good reason for this," he cautioned before leaning over to kiss his wife on the cheek.  "I'll be home late tonight. We're filming down at the bar."

"See you tonight," she said absently before turning back to her son.  "I'm going to have to drop you off at school now!  I can't believe we missed the bus!" she said, exasperated.
"I didn't mean to, mom! Promise! I didn't hear it!" Ian said as he shoved a bite of food in his mouth.  "Almost done!" he said with his mouth-full, quickly emptying his breakfast bowl.

Eva cringed at the food flying from his mouth.  She would have to have another 'manners' talk with him again... sometime when they had more time... "Well come on, let's get going! You can't be late on your first day!"

She grabbed her keys and hurried Ian out the door.

 ***

 "Good morning Noemi!" Eva said as she walked in the door.  "Sorry I'm so late.  Ian missed the bus!"

"Not a problem!" Noemi responded cheerfully.  "Here's your messages!" she said as she handed over a few scraps of paper.

"Thanks. I'll be in my office!"
Eva pushed through the door and headed into the mayor's chambers. 
Taking her seat, she flipped through the messages.  Being Mayor was hard work!

 ***

"Ugh, I'm so glad that's over!"  Haley complained.  "I feel ridiculous!" She self-consciously tugged at the shirt she'd thrown over her leotard.  She just wanted to go home!

Rachel rolled her eyes. "Just tell your mom, Haley!"

"It's not that easy!" Haley complained, "Mom..."
"Well look who it is, Tweedle-Dum and Tweedle-Dee!" Johnny, Rachel's half-brother and Haley's ex-friend, called out.  He and his friend laughed. 
"Ugh! Why does he have to be my brother," Rachel fumed.

Out of the corner of her eye, Haley saw Johnny and his friend keep looking over at them and talking really low. 
Johnny and his friend hurried over.  "Hey Rach, my friend here wanted to make your acquaintance," he said.  "Armando, my sister - Tweedle-Dee!" he announced with a smile, turning to Haley, he added, "And her friend, Tweedle-Dum!"

"Very funny, Johnny!" Haley said angrily. 

Rachel leaned close to Haley's ear.  "Come on, let's get out of here," she said, shooting a glare towards her brother.
"Ah, Armando, I don't think they liked us very much!" Johnny said as he watched the girls flounce away.  They doubled over laughing.

 ***

Nathaniel burst through the door with Mickey close on his heels.  "MALONE!" he called out.  "We've come to get our sister!"  His hand hovered over his six-shooter.
Across the bar, Lyle chuckled evilly.  "And just what are you going to do about it?" he said, pausing to spit on the floor.

The bartender nervously glanced down at the bar, feebly saying, "Now... We don't want no trouble here, misters!"

Nathaniel glared across the bar room.  "We won't have no trouble if Malone lets my sister loose."
Layla jumped up, screaming, "He's going to kill you Quincy! GO!"  In response, Malone's henchman, shoved her roughly back down into the chair.  
"Don't touch my sister!" Nathaniel roared as he and Mickey raced towards Lyle and his henchman.
Layla screamed and jumped out of the way as the men started fighting around her.  Nathaniel threw a few fake punches as Mickey grappled with the henchman. Just as Lyle reached into his boot to draw out the knife prop, Layla picked up the chair and hit him over the head with it.

The bad guys fell to the floor, defeated. 
 "CUT!" Kiki Thomas called.  "That's a wrap!"

Nathaniel held his hand down and helped Lyle up.  He couldn't help but feel light-hearted.  This was his last movie he was contracted to perform in.  He was free!

5 comments:

  1. Welcome back!

    I really hope Haley finds the courage to talk to Eva soon. Hopefully they can work this out.

    So Nathaniel finished his last movie? I wonder what he'll do next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haley doesn't have to wait too long until she and her mom talk about the dance classes. :)

      And Nathaniel... *shakes head* ...he spends a lot of time in his boxers... :)

      Delete
  2. I'm baaaaaaack :D Just had to catch up again.

    So Eva managed to oust Amelia from the Mayor's seat? :O Bad-ass! How did she manage that!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Welcome back!

      That was a little leap forward in the story, huh? I think Eva saw the power of her campaigning skills when she raised enough money to save Crystal Springs. At the next election, she was a shoe-in for mayor because who likes Amelia? (Boo... hiss!) Amelia never would've been elected if Eva hadn't pulled out of the race because of her father's death!

      Delete
  3. Another amazing movie! XD And yay, Mayor Eva saved Crystal Springs! She sure has my vote.

    ReplyDelete