August 22, 2016

Jason: Week Thirty, Day Four

Liz rolled out of bed first thing in the morning.  She was a bit of a morning riser.
Getting dressed, she headed down the hall, pausing at Jason's door.  She chewed her lip.  Would he be awake?  She still felt a little weird being in the house alone. 
Taking a breath, she tapped on the door.  "Jason?" she called quietly.
"Ughhh," Jason said groggily, his face buried in the pillow.  "Come in..."
Liz stepped in the room just as Jason rolled over, sprawling on the bed.  "I'm sorry, Jas. You're still sleeping!" she apologized, turning to leave.
"No, no. I'm up. I'm up!" he said with a huff, rolling over to sit up.  He squinted over at Liz, standing in his doorway.  "What time is it?" he asked, glancing at the covered window and then back at Liz.

Liz made an apologetic face.  "7..." she said, cringing.  Not everyone liked waking up as early as she did...

Jason made a face.  "Aw, man! Liz! Why'd you wake me up so early?" he asked, collapsing back on the bed.

"Sorry!" Liz told him.

"I can't believe I'm awake before 10 am!" he moaned, pulling the pillow over his head.

"Go back to bed?" Liz suggested, opening the door.

"No, no. I'm up. I'm up," Jason groaned.

"Okay, I'll meet you downstairs for breakfast," she told him, making a quick exit.
"Stupid, stupid, stupid!" Liz berated herself as she dashed down the stairs.  She should've just come downstairs on her own!

Jason stepped into his shower and let the cold water spray his face.  Man, he couldn't believe Liz had woken him up so early! 

Liz was already eating her yogurt by the time Jason barreled down the stairs and grabbed some cereal.
"So, what do you want to do today?" Liz asked eagerly.  It was weird moving to a new town.  Jason was the only person she knew right now!  She hated feeling dependent on him!
"I read there was a fall fair..." she trailed off when she saw the incredulous look on his face.
"Nevermind," she sighed, grabbing her empty bowl.  "I'm sorry!"

Jason watched Liz walk away and sighed.

"Wait a minute! Let's do it. I bet it'll be lots of fun.  I don't think I've ever gone to one of the town fairs before..."

"Really?!" Liz asked excitedly.  "This is going to be so much fun!"

"Oooh!" Liz cooed, pressing her face against the window.  "Look how pretty it is! The leaves didn't change color where I grew up!" she told him. 

Jason didn't even have to say anything.

Liz grabbed his arm, pointing, "Is that the park?" she asked, pointing across him to the park entrance.

Jason smiled, her enthusiasm was catching.
When the taxi stopped, they both hopped out.  "Oh Jason! This is awesome!" she told him.  Grabbing his shirt, she tugged his sleeve and pointed to the photo booth.  "Let's take a picture! For your memory wall!"
Jason groaned, but allowed Liz to lead him to the photo booth.  "I hate taking those pictures!" he complained. 

Stepping from the booth, Liz showed Jason their picture.  "I bet generations from now, they'll be asking who that weird chick with the purple hair is!" she joked.  "I'll have to start my own memory wall!"

Jason laughed along with her.  "Come on, let's bob for apples!"

"You're going down, Liz," Jason said, channeling his competitive spirit.

Liz scoffed. "No way! This is going to be a piece of cake!"
"Ready, set, GO!" the announcer called out.  Immediately, four heads began bobbing in the water.
Liz managed to grab an apple between her teeth and spit it out on the ground next to her.  She glanced across the way, smiling when she saw Jason's head buried under the water.  She was totally going to beat him.
"And the winner is... Jason Black-Wolff!" the announcer announced, waving his hands towards Jason.

"Yes!" Jason hooted, sending a triumphant grin Liz's way.
"Whatever!" Liz fumed slightly.  She hadn't even seen him grab one apple.  Game must've been rigged.

They headed towards the haunted house.  Jason elbowed Liz. "Come on, don't be a spoil-sport!" he told her playfully.

"I'm not!" she pouted.  "I totally beat you, though!"
"JASON!" Coach Powers called out, waving his hand in a bid to get Jason's attention.
"Hey Coach Powers. Good to see you!"   Jason said, shaking Coach's hand.

"I've been trying to get a hold of you!" Ken said, nodding towards Liz.  "Ma'am," he said absently in greeting.

Jason frowned and pulled his cell phone out.  "Oh man, it got busted somehow. I'll have to get it fixed!" He looked at Coach and asked, "What's up?"

"I've got some good news," Ken told him.

Liz nodded towards the pumpkin patch.  "I'll let you two talk," she said, making an exit.  Jason didn't need her hanging around while he was working.
Wow, I've never picked an actual pumpkin before, she thought as she tried to decide which pumpkin to pick. 
"So?" Jason asked nervously.  "What'd they say?"

Coach Powers smiled widely and shook Jason's hand.  "You're in, kid! You made the cut!"

"YES!" Jason fist pumped.  "The Gnashing Gnomes were my first choice!" he said with relief.  "I would've hated having to leave Sunset Valley - no matter how hard my stepdad was trying to get me to join the Spitting Llamas!"

Coach Powers heartily pumped his hand again.  "We're real glad to have you, kid.  Don't forget to check in for practice tomorrow morning.  Bright and early at the stadium!"

"I won't! Thanks Coach!" Jason called out.

Jason hurried to Liz's side. "I did it, Liz! I made the team!"

Liz grinned. "Awesome! I'm so happy for you!" she told him.

Jason glanced down at the pumpkins she'd set aside.  "Planning on doing some baking?" he asked.  "You do realize you can get it canned, right?"

Liz rolled her eyes.  "Come on, let's go to the haunted house!"
"If you get scared, you can hold on to me!" Jason teased, following Liz into the haunted house. 
"Liz?" he asked as he stepped into the inky darkness and felt something brush up against him.
Jason stumbled through the darkened rooms, waving his arms in front of him in an effort to stave off anything creepy or ghoulish...
"Jason?" Liz called out from another room, sounding more than a little scared.

Jason turned in that direction.  "LIZ?!" he called back, heading in the direction he thought he'd heard her and feeling spiderwebs across his whole body.  He immediately cringed, backing up and feeling a shiver violently work up and down his body.  "EEK!"
"Jason? Was that you?" Liz called out, sounding somewhat closer.

Jason took a giant step to the side to avoid the spider web, calling out, "No! Must've been some girl towards the front of the house!"
Liz staggered from the exit and shuddered, wiping the fake cobwebs from her body.  Ugh, she thought.  Haunted houses were not for the faint of heart!

Just then, she saw Jason catapult from the exit, running as though his life depended on it.  When he was finally a good distance away, he stopped, bending over and panting.
He turned back and saw the look of surprise on her face.  "Not. Another. Word," he told her sternly.
Immediately they both started cracking up.  "You should've seen the look on your face!" she told him, doubling over with laughter.
"Shut up!" Jason said, playfully smacking her shoulder.  "Something grabbed my ankle!"

Wrapping her arms around her middle, Liz tried to take deep breaths.  "Oh God. I'm going to die!" she wheezed with laughter, unable to stop.

"LIZ!" he protested, chuckling at how out-of-control Liz was acting.  "Come on, let's go home," he grumbled. 


Back home, Liz was still chuckling as she grabbed a few bottles of liquor.  The look on Jason's face had been priceless as he came tearing out of the haunted house.  She wish she could've taken a picture of it!
"Any way we can just forget tonight ever happened?" Jason winced when Liz began chuckling again. 
Liz shook her head as she handed him a drink.  "No way, Jas. This is blackmail material for years to come!" she laughed.

Jason rolled his eyes as he took a long swing from his drink.  "That's what I was afraid of..."


6 comments:

  1. Aww poor Jason, being blackmailed like that haha xD It was a pretty hilarious face though.

    I wonder what will happen when Ashley comes back... I doubt she'll be too happy with Jason upon learning he's been living with Liz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. Jason might never live that one down. He & Liz will be sitting on the porch when they're 60 and she'll say "Remember that time you came screaming out of the haunted house?"

      Ashley knows Liz is rooming with Jason. She's definitely not happy about it & I can only imagine she's plotting to have Liz kicked out!

      Delete
  2. The haunted house bit was so cute :D And I like how you've redecorated their bedrooms!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The haunted house was fun! Especially when Jason high-tailed it out of there! Not so cocky now, are ya? :P

      I like Liz's room & the new weight room. Jason's room is an eyesore, though. Lol. Why did he have to like orange?!

      Delete
  3. I love the fall festival. It's my favorite one. The haunted house with all the different outcomes is one of the best things EAxis did in that expansion.

    And if it's now Fall, will Ashley be back from Champs Les Sims soon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the fall festival is my favorite, too. Although, I do really like the ice skating in the winter!

      Lol. For some reason it was fall when Jason came back from Uni. The seasons did not co-operate with me!

      Delete